Download this complimentary Expert Insights eBook today!
This Expert Insights eBook hopes to provide materials scientists and researchers with more information on Biomimetics and Biomaterial, allowing you to further your research in this field.
What you will learn about:
- Biodegradable cellulose nanoparticles
- Mimetic scaffolds
- Bioinspired 3D printing
- Enzymatic polymerization of sucrose
- Sustainable soft materials, and more!
Register to download the Expert Insights eBook now…
Biomimetic engineering involves using nature as inspiration to create sustainable materials. This interdisciplinary field has led to the development of materials that can be used in various applications, such as regenerative medicine, renewable energy technology, and sensors. To design effective biomimetic materials, it is important to understand how processing, properties, and structural influences interact. Characterization is key to improving performance at different scales.
Comprehensive characterization using advanced techniques is necessary for successful bio-structure research and engineering including laser and electron scanning as well as X-ray microscopy or AI-powered and correlative software solutions.
Articles contained in the collection:
- Hierarchical Nanocellulose-Based Gel Polymer Electrolytes for Stable Na Electrodeposition in Sodium Ion Batteries. (Mittal, N. et al.)
- Cost and Time Effective Lithography of Reusable Millimeter Size Bone Tissue Replicas With Sub-15 nm Feature Size on A Biocompatible Polymer. (Liu, X. et al.)
- Additive Manufacturing of Porous Biominerals. (Zhao, R. et al.)
- Mechanically Efficient Cellular Materials Inspired by Cuttlebone. (Mao, A. et al.)
- Evaluation of the engineered polysaccharide alpha-1,3 glucan in a thermoplastic polyurethane model system. (Mok, J.W. et al.)
- Phototunable Morpho Butterfly Microstructures Modified by Liquid Crystal Polymers. (Qing, X. et al.)
- Interview with Associate Professor Erlantz Lizundia from the Life Cycle Thinking Research Group, Spain.